Want to remove a Google Account from your Android phone but can’t find a way? Don’t worry, we’ll show you How To Remove Google Account From Android Phone? Many Android services are connected to Google. To use these services, you need a Google Account on your phone, for example, to download an app from the Play Store, sync your data, back up your photos and videos, and use other Google apps.
There are several possible reasons for removing a Google Account from your Android phone. For example, if you have switched to a new Google Account and you no longer want to use your old one.
If you have sold your phone or given it to someone for a limited time only, you will need to remove your Google Account for security reasons. Whatever your reason, let’s see how you can do it.
Remove Google Account from Android Phone
It is very easy to logout your account from Google when you are using browser but there is no such way in Android. There is a different way to remove a Google Account on Android that is accessible through your phone’s settings. Here are the steps you need to follow –
- Go to the app drawer and open the settings app on your Android phone.
- Scroll down and click on the Accounts and Backup option. Then click on the Accounts option again.
3.Here you will see a list of accounts logged in to your phone. Click the Google Account you want to remove.
4.On the next screen, you will see an option called Account Removal. If you use an older version of Android, this option is available in the menu (three dots). Now just click on the account removal option and then make sure to continue your action.
As an example of the screenshots, we used a Samsung smartphone, however, these steps are almost the same from every Android phone.
How does resetting Android phone work?
You may be wondering if it is possible to factory reset your Android phone and remove your Google Account. Unfortunately, for some security reasons this method no longer works.
If you reset your phone, you’ll need to login to your Google Account to unlock it. So don’t try to reset your phone if you don’t know your Google Account password.
If you are going to sell your phone, you need to reset it and delete all your data completely. In that case, first delete your Google Account and then reset your phone. Make sure you back up your data before doing so.
What happens when you remove your Google Account?
There are a few things you need to know when removing a Google Account from your Android phone –
- Your contacts and other data will not be synced.
- You can’t download apps from the Play Store unless you have another Google Account enabled on your phone.
- Your photos and videos will not be backed up to Google Photos.
- Remove a Google Account will delete all its contacts, emails and other data from your phone
- If it is lost you will not be able to track the location of your device We suggest you read our tutorial on how to find a lost Android phone.
- You will be logged out of all Google Apps.
- To enjoy using these services, you need a Google Account on your phone. If you want to login to a new account, go to Settings> Accounts> Google.
We hope you find this guide helpful in removing Google Accounts from your Android phone. If you have any questions, let us know in the comments below so we can help you.
So, These are all for today. Although, If you have any questions or queries regarding this tune you can ask a question by leaving a single comment in the comment box. Although, You are always welcome to justinfoworld.com to discuss your problems.