How to Hide Apps on Android Phone 2022? Nowadays more or less everyone is accustomed to using the phone. The number of Android phone users is the highest. We use many apps on Android phones. In some cases you have to install some sensitive apps or there are some apps that have sensitive information. Apps that contain sensitive information often fall into an unpleasant situation when it is seen by someone else or when someone else sees it while using the phone. In that case, to avoid this unpleasant situation, you need to hide or hide the apps of the Android phone. When you hide one, no one will be able to find that app except you.
Android phone apps can be hidden through a few. Hide the app from the settings of the Android phone. Again, Android apps can be hidden using third party apps. Not all phone settings are the same for hiding Android phone apps. In this part, it is mentioned how to hide the app of Android phone. There are many types of phones available in the market today. Of these, Samsung Phone, One Plus, Xiaomi are the three most used phones. So in the following part, the settings of how to hide these apps are given.
Rules For Hiding Apps on Samsung Phone
Samsung phones are currently the most used phone brand. Those who use Samsung phones will change the settings of their phones according to the following rules.
- Open the app drawer (the page that shows all your apps) by swiping from the bottom of the screen to the top.
- Tap the three dots in the top right corner, then select Settings.
- Select Hide App from the menu that appears.
- You’ll see a list of all your apps, go and select the ones you want to hide.
Now all your selected apps will no longer appear in the app drawer.
To find apps, just use the Google search widget (bar) or open the Google app and type its name. You’ll see the app listed in your Apps section of the search results. Tap it, and it will open as usual.
Rules for Hiding Apps on OnePlus Phone
- Open the app drawer (the page that shows all your apps) then swipe to the right.
- You will now see a page called Hidden Space. It should display a message that there is no hidden application in the center of the screen.
- Tap the + icon in the top right corner.
- Select the apps you want to hide, then tap the tick icon in the top right corner.
- You will now see the hidden apps listed on the Hidden Space page.
- To unhide apps, go back to the Hidden Space page and long press on the app you want to recover.
Rules for Hiding Apps on Xiaomi Phone
With MIUI 13, Xiaomi seems to have removed the Hidden Apps feature, but you can still protect yourself with App Lock. This password protects certain apps, so no one can open them easily, also gives you the ability to hide any notifications linked to that particular app. Here’s how to set it up.
- Open Settings and tap Apps.
- Select App Lock and tap the Launch button.
- If you haven’t already done so, you will need to set up a Mi (Xiaomi) account, as this is required for the feature to work. It’s free and only takes a moment.
- By doing this you will now see the App Lock page with some suggested apps that you want to secure. Untick what you don’t want, then tap Use App Lock.
- Now select any application you want to lock. From now on anyone tapping them will show a login screen each (you can unlock them with your fingerprint).
- You can also tap the ‘Hide sensitive notifications?’ Option to stop any private messages from appearing.
To unlock apps, just go back to the app lock page and deselect them.
Rules for Hiding apps Through Third Party Apps
Those who do not have the app hide option on their phone cannot hide the app. Those who do not have the app hide option on their phone can also hide the app using a third party app. Again, there are some launchers that you can use to hide the app. If you wish, you can download an app from the Play Store and hide the app you want to hide.
I hope you understand how to hide the app on Android phone. If you do not understand any part of this article, please comment and do not understand any part. Thanks so much for reading the full article.
Table of Contents