When it comes to Internet usage, we spend most of our time on one platform every day. And that is YouTube. Today we talk about 5 Best Secret YouTube Settings.
Almost all types of videos are available on this platform, starting from education, entertainment, political issues. The most time we spend using the internet is on YouTube. While watching videos on YouTube, we don’t remember how much time we are spending here. But even though we have spent so much time on YouTube, we may not know all the settings in the YouTube app yet. Today I will show you 5 Best Secret YouTube Settings like this.
In today’s article you can learn a lot about YouTube. In addition, this YouTube article will greatly enhance your experience using YouTube. That’s why in today’s article I have come up with 5 Best Secret YouTube Settings for you. Settings you may or may not have seen but have not yet applied, or do not remember. In addition, those who do not yet know about all these settings, they can find out through today’s article.
Let’s take a look at some of the things that are in today’s article. For this, you must patiently watch the completed tune carefully. And then you can know the details. Because I have tried to explain all the contents of this article in a very detailed way with examples. Let’s get start.
5 Best Secret YouTube Settings
1. Review your own activities on YouTube
We watch a lot of videos on YouTube every day. The videos we watch on YouTube are not all we need. Instead, we waste our precious time watching many unnecessary videos. Going to a stage like this, we may think, how long have we watched the video. Where we waste a lot of time watching videos.
YouTube counts how long you have watched YouTube videos today or how long you have been active on the YouTube website. YouTube is based on how many times you watch videos on YouTube every day, but a statistic is up to you. Which you can watch from the YouTube app on your mobile. And by doing this you will be able to control your activities. But let’s take a look at how you do it in stages.
1. For this, first you have to go to the YouTube app of your mobile. Click on the profile icon above after moving to the YouTube app. As you can see in the first image below. Clicking on the profile icon will take you to a page just like the second image. Now click on the “Time watched” option from here. As usual, here you go to the next page by clicking.
2. This will bring you to a page . Now you can see that here is an account of how long you have been using YouTube today. There are also statistics on what kind of YouTube you have used in the last seven days and how many minutes you have watched the video. Just like I saw only 29 minutes of video on YouTube today, it is also here.
You will also see at the top, your average activities for 7 days. However, you will find a full list here, of the last seven days of watching videos on YouTube.
But if you notice, you’re spending too much time on YouTube and not being able to use the time properly. However, you can set some settings to remind you from YouTube. We spend a lot of time watching a video on YouTube. However, you can set some time if you want. This will allow you to receive notifications from YouTube after a specified period of time. You can do that setting from here.
3. So you have to come down from this setting. Now here you will see an option called “Remind me to take a break”. Now turn it on from here. You need to set the time here after turning it on from here. Now set the time you want to spend on YouTube.
If you want to watch one hour video on YouTube, give 1 hour from here. Here you can change the list of hours and minutes by scrolling from top to bottom. Now after setting your time here, click on the text “Done” below. And then you will schedule for that time and after that time you will be automatically sent a notification from YouTube.
If you set an alarm on your mobile, the way you get a popup window will float here. It is up to you to decide whether to cut it from here or run YouTube longer. If you want to continue YouTube for longer, click on “Dismiss”. And this way you can set the time on YouTube like an alarm and you can save your precious time.
4. Also down here you will find one more setting. And that is, the time to go to sleep at night and the time to wake up. For which you have to turn on the setting of the part marked with arrow in the figure below.
5. From here, you can set the time at “Start time” and “End time”. Here “Start time” is the time to go to sleep and “End time” is the time to wake up. Take your time by scrolling up and down here as before. And then press ok below. Only then the time will determine.
The point here is that when you watch YouTube at night, you don’t notice the time. That is why it see that you are watching videos on YouTube till late at night. As a result, you may not be able to use your time wisely every time you sleep and wake up. If you set an alarm on your mobile, it will give you an alarm every day. But if you set it up on YouTube, if you were on YouTube at the time. Only then will YouTube let you know that it’s time for you to go to bed.
And by doing this you do not have to use the mobile alarm separately. If you watch videos on YouTube at bedtime, YouTube will notify you at that time and you can go to sleep by skipping YouTube. That setting is really very interesting. You too can use these settings to make the most of your valuable time. With that, your experience of using YouTube will go one step further from today.
2. Save data by turning off video auto play
We currently notice when using YouTube that videos start to play automatically when scrolling through YouTube videos. Where only video without audio is automatically playing in this way, we lose a lot of data. This is a big problem especially for those who buy mobile internet and use internet. It can see that after a while, the mobile internet was gone. But you can turn it off by making a small setting if you want.
1. For this you have to go to the profile icon above from the YouTube app as usual. Then from here you will get the “Setting” option. So, now you click here.
2. Now click on the text “General” . Then go to the next page and click on the text “Muted playback in feeds” shown in the third figure below and then it will take you to the setting to stop the video auto play.
3. This brings you the setting to turn off video auto play. Now in this place you can see my Wi-Fi only. If I leave this setting as it is, my videos will continue to auto-play when I browse YouTube from connected to WiFi. And if my setting was “Always on”, then the videos would be auto play through both mobile data and Wi-Fi. In this case, if the video continues to auto play even using your mobile data, then in that case the “Always on” place was ticked here and that is why your videos were auto playing.
4. This time I will stop the video from playing auto, so I will tick the “off” option like the second image below. This time no video will play automatically in my YouTube app.
The video Auto play option in the YouTube app is definitely very useful. Because by doing this, what is in the middle of a video can be understood at least a little bit in advance. Most of the videos we see on YouTube have interesting thumbnails. As can be seen in many cases, many interesting thumbnails have been used in the video; But there is nothing inside. Where Video auto play is already understood.
But even with so many benefits, it is not profitable for everyone. Because, in the case of those who buy mobile data and use internet, this process costs more internet. And while watching videos on YouTube, we don’t click on all the videos. But if this setting is turned on, even if you don’t watch all the videos, they will play automatically. Which is really annoying.
Also for those who use broadband internet, even if megabytes are unlimited, it can be a lot of annoyance for them at times. If someone’s broadband line is low speed and a few people use the internet together, then the internet must feel much slower when loading videos like this on YouTube. However, it is up to you to keep this setting on or off.
3. Browse YouTube without storing your own activities on other people’s phones
The setting that I will show you this time may or may not be known to many of you already. However, in many cases you may forget to use YouTube by turning on this setting. Even if you know the general function of this setting, you may not know how to use it to your great advantage. Today I will discuss that too. This setting is “Incognito mode”.
You will gradually learn what benefits you can get from this. So let’s first discuss why you should turn on “Incognito mode”.
Why turn on incognito mode?
We can often use YouTube on our friends’ phones without our phone. In this case, when using YouTube, our Search history and Watch history are stored on YouTube. If we don’t delete those watch histories and search histories later, he will see them later. Not only on other people’s phone, many times on our phone and we do not want to submit our Search history and Watch history. That’s why we delete them one by one later.
However, if you turned on Incognito mode from the beginning and then browsed the internet, in this case, neither your search history nor watch history would be stored on YouTube. This setting is not used to save only your Search history and Watch history. Rather, it saves you a lot of unnecessary time. That’s something you may or may not have noticed. But no problem, I’m reminding you of that.
When you’re logged into YouTube with your Gmail account, you can watch all the videos you like on YouTube. Also, after watching a video, the videos that are shown in the next suggestion are more interesting. And that’s why you spend more time on YouTube and other platforms. But in this case if you were not given the videos on the homepage according to your needs, then maybe you would search YouTube and watch some videos and get out of there. And in this case, you would save a lot of unnecessary time from being wasted.
Here Incognito mode can save you from wasting that unnecessary time. If you turn on this setting and watch videos on YouTube, then in no way will you show your favorite videos on YouTube. And by doing this, you can go to YouTube for any work, after searching the video. But let’s see how to do it.
1. For this, as usual, you have to go to the top profile from the YouTube app and then you will get an option called “Incognito mode” at the top. Now turn on Incognito mode and click on it to run YouTube.
2. Now you have to click on “GOT IT”. And then Incognito mode will be turned on.
3. Once Incognito mode is turned on, your profile will continue to log out of YouTube. If you are currently browsing YouTube, you will not be able to save any information and will not be able to suggest any video accordingly. All the videos that you can watch while logging in to your Gmail account, you will not find such videos here after turning on Incognito mode.
By turning on this Incognito mode, there will be nothing on the homepage that conflicts with your needs and you are less likely to be attracted to any video. Wherever you go on YouTube and watch one video after another, those videos are tailored to your needs. And this is why you spend more time on the Internet. Also, the keywords you searched for will not be saved here. If you want to search for something that no one else knows; For this you can use Incognito mode.
How to turn off incognito mode?
You do not have to work hard to turn off Incognito mode. To do this, click on the profile icon above while Incognito mode is on. Then you will see the “Trun off Incognito” option like the second image below. Now you can turn off Incognito mode by clicking here.
From now on, YouTube will continue to show you videos according to your Gmail account information and your previous needs. Later, if you want to use YouTube again with privacy and saving your time, you can turn on Incognito mode again.
4. Close your Search history and Watch history on YouTube temporarily
When we watch a video on YouTube or search for a video to watch, the search history and watch history accumulated. We have to delete the histories that we don’t need to keep. And if we don’t want to temporarily store Search history and Watch history, we use Incognito mode. But when you turn on Incognito mode, it becomes like a logout from our Gmail account and our favorite videos are no longer on the YouTube homepage.
If you can only temporarily turn off Search history and Watch history without logging out of your YouTube profile, what happens? Yes, you can pause YouTube search history and watch histories for a while. This way you no longer have to turn on Incognito mode to stop saving your Search history and Watch histories. Let’s see how you do it.
1. For this, first you have to go to the YouTube app. – Now you have to go to the setting from here.
2. Then go to the History & privacy settings.
3. Now you can see that there are two options called Pause watch history and Pause search history. If you turn these off from here, Search history and Watch history will closed temporarily. But if you click here, they will not stop. This is why you need to turn off the activities of YouTube from Google account. How to do it is show in the next steps.
4. If you haven’t turned off YouTube activity from your Google Account, you can’t turn it off by clicking here. And If you want to pause your Search history and Watch history, this is exactly what will write. If you want to pause the search history and watch history, then click on any one of the search history and watch history and click on the link shown in the second figure below.
5. After clicking on the link you have to select any browser and it will take you to a page just like below. Here you will see an option called “Saving activity” above. Now you have to click here.
6. It will then take you to a page similar to the first image shown below. Now you will see an option to close YouTube History above. You can close it by clicking here. Then bring it to a place like the second image and you will come to the bottom and click to write Pause. And then the search history and watch history will save.
7. Then click on Got it below to finish your work. However, you can also delete past activities by clicking on the “Delete all activity” text above.
8. However, if you want to submit the activities of YouTube History again later, you can come to this setting and start the activities by clicking here again.
9. From now on you can come to this setting and turn them on and from then on your search history and watch history will stop.
All of the above discussions have been temporarily closed Search History and Watch history. But all the videos that you have already watched already stored in your Watch history. If you recently watched a video that could be viewed negatively by someone else; However, you will want to delete the evidence of watching that video as usual. If you don’t delete these from Watch History, then when someone else takes the mobile from you to Watch History, that person must know about your needs. And by doing so, the person may have a negative impression of you later on.
In this case, you should delete that Watch history from YouTube. So, you may or may not already know this. But it is very important for those who do not know yet. Let’s see how you can delete the Watch history.
Delete YouTube Watch history
With this nature, you can delete Watch history one by one, and you can also delete the history of watching the entire video so far. Let’s take a look at that.
1. To do this you need to click on the Library option below from the YouTube app. As you can see in the first picture below. Then you have to go to the History option.
2. This time I will delete the history of watching a video from here. For this I have to keep my finger on the top of the video and pull from right to left. In this way, after you pull, you will see the text Remove in the red part on the right side. Clicking on it will delete the video from Watch history.
This way you can selectively delete any video from here. Also if you have seen a video before and for some reason that video no longer seen, then you must come here to find that video. Through which you can watch that video right here again. With this, you no longer have to search for that video. Which is really a lot of work.
Also, if you think that you will delete all the history of watching videos so far without deleting the videos one by one in this way, then you can do this too.
3. To do this, click on the three dot icon above. Then you will see “History controls”. You will click here.
4. This time you will get an option called “Clear watch history”. Clicking here will bring up a popup window like the second image and you will find a button called “Clear watch history” at the bottom. If you click here, all your watch history will delete at once.
However, you can also delete the search history on YouTube from the page. If you click on Clear search history here, all your recent search history will delete. So, this is how you can delete all your YouTube activities at once or in stages. And by doing this, no one will be able to go to the Watch history of YouTube with your mobile and find any video of the past you have seen.
Also, if you watch a video for personal reasons, the history of watching the video may make negative comments about you if someone else finds out; However, you can delete the history of those videos from the Watch history of YouTube. And by doing so, you can largely avoid future troubles. Also, if for some reason you come out of YouTube to watch a video, then the next time you go to Watch history, you will get the record of watching all the videos of the past and from there you can find the video you need.
5. Remove 18+ YouTube content or sensitive videos from the homepage
A lot of videos move to the homepage when we just use YouTube. Most of the videos that we like. In other words, all the videos that we like to watch, all the videos show more on the homepage of YouTube. However, in this case, if we like 18+ content or any kind of video that is harmful for children to watch, we can hide all those videos from the homepage of YouTube. Because we often give our mobile to children to watch videos.
In this case, suppose you gave the mobile to your child or your younger brother to watch videos on YouTube. And In this case, you have shown the activity on YouTube in the same way as before, but now your brother or your child will be able to watch the suggested videos on YouTube. In this case, if there is any 18+ content in those videos, then they can click on those videos. But in this case, you do not want them to watch these videos at all. And that’s why you must remove those videos from the YouTube homepage.
Let’s take a look at how to remove these videos from the YouTube homepage.
1. For this, as usual, you have to go to the settings of YouTube. For that click on the profile icon at the top and go to Settings below.
2. After that clicking on the text “General” above will bring you to a page. At the bottom of this page you will actually find an option called “Restricted mode”. This time you will turn it on from here. And then you have the end.
From now on, your YouTube homepage will not display any videos that should not be viewed by children. Also, videos that are slightly inconsistent will not be suggested. Inconsistent here, the videos that can lead anyone astray also block. For example, let’s talk about a video game. If a YouTube video uses tags, titles, and descriptions that should not be seen by a young child, these videos will no longer appear on its homepage.
18+ content here does not mean any pornography. There are no videos on YouTube that conflict with pornography. However, all videos that should not be viewed by children are blocked separately through this feature; So that all those videos do not come to the home page of YouTube. By enabling this feature, if you give your mobile to your children or someone younger than you, you will not see any such content. In addition, if you turn on this setting and give someone a mobile phone, they will not see any sexual content.
But there is a problem here. And that is, this filtering method is not 100% accurate. In some cases, even after you start Restricted mode, the content may displayed. If this setting is told. So by turning on Restricted mode, you can’t be absolutely sure that any kind of 18+ content will no longer appear on YouTube’s homepage. However, you must turn on Restricted mode before handing your mobile phone to small children.
We see a lot of settings when we use YouTube every day and we don’t know exactly how they work. If we know all these settings or features on YouTube, our experience using YouTube can take one step further. There are many such settings and features on YouTube that we see but do not test their effectiveness. So, today I have shown you 5 Best Secret YouTube Settings. I hope you like all the settings of YouTube.
Friends, if you like today’s article about YouTube’s 5 Best Secret YouTube Settings, don’t forget to share. And for more update news stay with us.